Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Blog Design and Classroom Pictures

I am so excited about my new super cute blog design! It is done by the wonderful and talented ladies at Honey Bunch Blog Design. They are fabulous to work with! I would highly recommend you check them out!

I am also excited to finally post some pics of my new classroom (OK so it was new last year) but it is much cuter this year. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from my blog stalking hopping and I love looking at classroom set ups so here is mine.

This is my calendar board. It is right next to my SMART board, which we use all the time!
 This is the view as you walk in the door. We got those flower tables last year and I LOVE them!
 If you look to the right as you walk in this is the view.  That is my word wall in the distance. The reading corner, dramatic play area and computer area are lined up along this side of the room.
 This is our behavior tree.  Everyone starts the day with their owl on the green leaf branch.  During the day your owl can move to the yellow or red leaf branch if you are having difficulty remembering the rules or your owl can move to the "Sparkly" (glitter) leaf branch if you did something extra special.
 My CAFE board that I can't wait to use for the first time this year!
  Each week a new student is featured on this board. This week it is me.
 This is the view of my reading corner and next to that is our dramatic play area and then the computer area.
  This is the writing center.  It is finally organized with cute baskets and labels!!
 These are my book bins for our Daily 3 reading time.  I covered old cardboard magazine files with that cool new duct tape in designs and colors.  I LOVE them!
 This is the construction area.  The board in the back is my Focus wall.  I got the idea from the fabulous Shannon at Kinder Hoppenings. Click here to see her super cute version!
 This is where we do all of our class meetings and circle time.  Behind that is my teacher desk (that I can never seem to keep clean!).
 This is the table where I do small group reading and math instruction and all of my wonderful storage!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics of where I spend my days and nights.
 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog design....it is ADORABLE! Your room is precious too! My Smartboard is the love of my life...how did we teach without one??!!??

    I spend a lot of nights still in my room too. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I just hopped over and am your newest follower. Thank you so much for checking me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!
    This is a random ? but I was wondering where you got the dice/numbers above your board? They look like dice and they go all the way to 7 or maybe beyond. My kiddos are having a hard time recognizing #'s on a dice and I thought that it would be a good visual. Let me know.
    Thank you so much!
    Great blog & wonderful ideas!
    -Sara
    madamsara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room pictures! The cafe menu is very cute!

    Seemi @ Trillium Montessori

    ReplyDelete